Whether packing to put things into storage or for a move, there is a best method to fill storage boxes. Luckily, it’s not hard; it just takes patience and planning. [Read more…] about Is There a Best Way to Pack Storage Boxes?
No one wants a cluttered, messy home, but it’s too easy to end up that way. Worse, energy stagnates once a room, apartment, or whole house falls behind, and motivation to clean the home becomes more arduous. The good news is that there are solutions. [Read more…] about How to Get Motivated to Clean and Declutter?
The garage is often the most disorganized part of our house, sometimes to the point that homeowners can’t use it for storing a car!
Cleaning out and organizing the garage can be pretty daunting. As much as you want to be able to park in the garage, especially in winter, most garages have been dumping grounds for all number of items, and the sheer volume can make it feel like a hopeless task.
How Do You Tame a Disorganized Garage?
There are dozens of storage solutions available to help you make your garage more organized.
- Monica at Lowe’s Weekender suggests starting with identifying what you have that needs storing. Whether it’s the snow tires for your car sitting in the driveway instead of the garage, the kids’ bicycles or a mountain of Christmas ornaments, Monica’s video offers a plethora of do-it-yourself solutions from wall-mounted bike racks to wire baskets.
- Likewise, the experts at Family Handyman recommend going up and not out when it comes to garage storage. They suggest shelving that minimizes the floor space you lose and takes advantage of the garage’s high ceiling.
- A wall-mounted case for car supplies when you can get your car back into the garage. Mounting a whiteboard on the front of the case can help you track car maintenance.
- Another popular suggestion is to cover one wall, or part of one wall, with a peg board so you can hang hand tools and other small items on the wall, freeing up space for your vehicle.
- At Garage Living, the experts are willing to say the things no one wants to hear: maybe you aren’t very good at organization, or worse yet, your house and garage are too small.
How Can I Declutter My Garage Quickly?
If your garage is too small or you have difficulty getting rid of things, one option is to Marie Kondo it. Thank the stuff you no longer need for the service it provided, and then donate or trash it, depending on which is more appropriate.
And if the stuff is Christmas decorations, off-season sports equipment, souvenirs from your kids’ childhood, games you just can’t get rid of, or something else you need to have but have nowhere to store, contact Box & Co.
With our on-demand storage, Box & Co. can bring you the storage containers and pick them up when you’ve filled them. When you need your stuff back, please contact us or call us with your account number and the box number you need, and it will be delivered to your door.
And then, you can put the car into the garage.